Who we are
ILPS Australia is the Australian Chapter of the International League of Peoples’ Struggle, a global organisation that seeks to coordinate anti-imperialist and democratic movements all around the world.
The League fights for the following concerns:
- The cause of national liberation, democracy and social liberation;
- Socio-economic development and social justice;
- Human rights in the civil, political, economic, social and cultural fields;
- The cause of just peace;
- Independent trade union and workers’ and toilers’ rights and reduction of working hours at full pay against mass unemployment and decreasing wage levels;
- Agrarian reform and rights of peasants, farm workers and fisherfolk;
- The cause of women’s rights and liberation;
- Rights of the youth to education and employment;
- Children’s rights against child labour, sexual abuse and other forms of exploitation;
- Rights of indigenous peoples, oppressed nations and nationalities against chauvinism and racism;
- The rights of teachers, researchers and other educational personnel;
- The right of the people to health care and the rights of health workers;
- Science and technology for the people and development, and environmental protection;
- Arts and culture and free flow of information in the service of the people;
- Justice and indemnification for the victims of illegal arrest and detention;
- Rights and welfare of displaced homeless persons, refugees and migrant workers; and
- Rights of gays, lesbians, bisexuals and trans-gendered.
Our aims and activities:
- To stimulate, facilitate and coordinate common lines of action and undertake definite actions on the aforesaid concerns and issues,
- To cooperate with all possible organizations, institutions and personages in the attainment of the aims and purposes of the League,
- The activities of the League include:advocacy, research, publications, conferences, seminars and social and political action.